Thursday, May 8, 2014

Fallen By Lauren Kate

Hardcover1st Edition452 pages
                                                             Published December 8th 2009 by Delacorte Press

There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch 
every move.
Even Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce – he goes out of his way to make that very clear. But she 
can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, Luce has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret...even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, FALLEN is a page-turning thriller and the ultimate love 
story.
This book has a lot of negative stigma surrounding it and going into it I wasn't sure how I would feel about it, to start off I will say I did not a hate this book I actually enjoyed it for the most part however I figured the plot twist out in the first two chapters and I did spend the whole book waiting for Luce to clue in which she doesn't completely anyways.
 I liked the premise of this book and I thought the take on the fallen was actually rather unique and while there where points in the book that I didn't think that the story developed very well I still found
myself wanting to keep reading. The insta love in this book was intense and by intense I mean no one needs to be with another person like that in real life realistically past life or no. I also had to question the intelligence of Luce more then once it just seemed like she was short a few bricks in her load! But we later find out she's extremely intelligent which just does not corisponde to her actions at all.

1) smart people do not get into black vehicles not knowing the driver or destination.
2) smart people do blindly follow anyone close by in an emergency without asking some questions.
3) smart people do not accept extravagant gifts from a horn dog who you've known for two days.

Again I state I did not hate this book tho I was completely set up to I will still read the series because as a good book usually does something about this draws you in and you just want to know what the authors not telling you. I gave this book a 4/5 I would have given it a three because of the characters personalities but the plot kept me interested and the world building kept my attention.
I do have to say I kind of wish that the cover was more modernized to go with the more here and now of the story.
If your a fan of boarding school books I would deffinetly give this book a look and if you've heard all the horrible things I had I still say giving the book a read and making up your own mind is the best thing to do.
4/5 give it a look.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of good and bad things about this book, but I think I might just end up picking it up. Just started following you!

    If you want to check out my blog it's at: http://rendezvouswithabook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I was going to hate it but it was kinda enjoyable like a guilty pleasure lol.

      Delete