Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Top ten Tuesday Influential books



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where they make lists of bookish things! 




This is my first top ten Tuesday so I decided a good transition topic would be my top ten influential books
To start this off  is my number 10 pick.

10) Twilight-  Stephanie Meyers- now this is the most sophisticated read in the world and the morals of the book are actually rather sketchy but it's a fun addictive read that like it or not most of us own one if not all four of the books on our shelves.

9) The Lord of the rings(trilogy) JRR Tolkien - I read this series in my sophomore year of high school so quite a while ago, this trilogy opened my eyes to the world of fantasy and is a great gateway book to those who just don't know about the genre.

8) I capture the castle, Dodie smith- this was one of the first contemporary romance reads that I ever read and I loved it, it was well written and beautifully moving.

7) The hunger games- Suzanne Collins, this is a kick ass dystopian that I'm sure launched thousands of readers on the epic journey we all have loved watching Jennifer Lawrence embark on.

6)The Darkest minds- Alexandra Bracken- another wonderful dystopian book that just entrances readers start to finish highly recommended.

5)Daughter of smoke and bone- Lani Taylor-  If you have not read any of Lani Taylor's books I highly suggest you pick this up Lani Taylor has a way with words that captivates you and draws you in completely.

4)Divergent- Verinica Roth- I had a t first found this book to be slow to begin and I won't beat around the bush I haven't finished this series but I loved this book I found I connected with more then one of the characters and also found myself second guessing what was going to happen. It was a great quick read.

3) The perks of being a wallflower- Stephen Chbosky-  this is a great coming of age novel it's a quick read that should be on everyone's shelves.

2) Harry potter- JK Rowling - this is probably one of the most influential YA/ middle grade books ever written what more can you say other The it's Harry Friggin Potter get on board people.

1)Wonder-R,J palacio this book opened my heart, as a person with a physical deformity I found that I connected with the main character and understood his struggle to be seen as normal. I would recommend this book to any young adult or adult who at times doesn't feel they have a place.

No comments:

Post a Comment