Monday, March 17, 2014

Vampire Academy by Rachel mead

Here is my review of Rachel meads Vampire Academy.

Our heroine is 17 year old rose Hathaway who is a Dhampire which is a child of a Moroi and a Dhampire mix. In this vampire world there are two main types of vampires Moroi who are living vampires and strigoi dead vampires who can only survive by killing people. Moroi can wield magic and every Moroi specializes in one of the four classes of magic fire ,air water, earth, but a class that no one knows about is spirit and this is introduced further upon in the story line. The Academy is like any other school except that there's a bodyguard class room for dhampires and magic classes for Moroi.

The book starts off with rose and Lisa living away from the Academy for reasons that get introduced later on in the story, as the girls enjoy their quiet life away from the school they quickly find themselves hauled back to the academy by the guardians consisting of Dimitri the main love interest. As soon as the girls get back to the school all hell starts breaking lose Lisa starts losing her grip and rose  is forced to find a way to save her friends sanity.

Overall I really enjoyed this book I found the plot easy to follow and the characters to be well described and developed. There were a few problems I found with roses character only because it felt to me that her personality completely switched mid way through the book.
With Lisa I do find her character to be a little trying in that she is a strong person who acts completely weak on purpose. Her dependence on rose even without the bond becomes a little irritating but I do believe her character is still redeemable as far as the series goes. I would definitely give this series a read especially if you like vampire books but you want to read something with a twist.
I give Vampire Academy 3-5 worth the read.
I am sorry that this is all over the place I hope to be doing more reviews soon
Till next time bookies keep the pages turning:)

No comments:

Post a Comment