Monday, April 28, 2014

If I stay by Gale Forman

Hardcover201 pages
Published April 2nd 2009 by Dutton Juvenile
Just listen, Adam says with a voice that sounds like shrapnel.

I open my eyes wide now.
I sit up as much as I can.
And I listen.
Stay, he says.


Choices. Seventeen-year-old Mia is faced with some tough ones: Stay true to her first love—music—even if it means losing her boyfriend and leaving her family and friends behind?


Then one February morning Mia goes for a drive with her family, and in an instant, everything changes. Suddenly, all the choices are gone, except one. And it's the only one that matters.

If I Stay is a heartachingly beautiful book about the power of love, the true meaning of family, and the choices we all make.


If I stay was such a beautiful well written novel, I ordered this book because I had seen a few other booktubers mention that it was a heart wrenching contemporary and since I am broadening my horizons and reading things outside my comfort zone I picked it up and I was not disappointed.
Ms Forman has written a tear jerking coming of age story that is relatable to so many people I found myself in tears more then once, Spoiler alert if you have not read this book I suggest you do and come back.
 I found Mia's relationship with her family to be both deep and complex I could easily picture her sitting around the table talking to her parents and playing for Teddy. I won't even try to cover up the fact that I broke down completely finding out that Teddy did not make it tho I should have guessed it.
I don't know what I would be like to have a choice like Mia's but this book made me think about the little things. Tonight I will hold my kids a little tighter and tell my husband i love him a little louder. 
This book was excellent I will read the second shortly.

I knew that the movie was coming out and this made me want to read it even more I did not watch the  trailer till after I was finished the book, I have to admit that the cast isn't how I pictured them I wish that Mia had the darker hair mentioned in the book and Adam didn't look at all like he was written 
but non the less it made me bawl all the same.  All in all I loved this book it made me have the feels like none other this year I give it a 5/5  I recommend this book for any fans of The fault in our stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment