Friday, April 4, 2014

Let's talk about it!!!

I'm still a new blogger and a new book tuber but I realized after reorganizing my shelves for what can only be described as the millionth time that I have a greater volume of unfinished to finished books.
Now I can only describe buying books as a uforic experience that can be compared to an addicts high for myself but what happens once those books are back home on your shelf? Are you left with the bitter taste of buyers remorse or are you still in love with the thought of a new book..

I read around six books a month and I consider that to be pretty good considering what little spare time I have but with the volume of new books I bring into my shelves I'm quadrupling my TBR pile. I figured out that if I were to only finish the books on my shelfs and not buy any new books with the rate I read it would take me about two years at my current pace to read the entire contents of my TBR.
I love getting new books and if your like me watching a book haul on youtube usually makes you order at least one new book but from time to time putting ourselves on a buying ban isn't the worst thing in the world . It all comes down to self control and knowing our own financial limits.
So I have decided that if the books on my shelves sit for more then a year I will donate them or give them to a friend that wants them.
So what do you guys think do you find buying books addicting or do you only add to your collection when a new book in a series comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment